Welcome to Evolveum’s Wanted. By using this website (the “Site”) and services (together with the Site, the “Services”) offered by Evolveum s.r.o. (together with its representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors — collectively, “Evolveum,” “we,” or “us”), you’re agreeing to these legally binding rules (the “Terms”).
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. If you keep using Wanted after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
1. Creating account
You can browse Wanted without registering for an account. However, to use some other functions, you’ll need to register. When registering, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
2. Not acceptable behaviour
We expect all users to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place. Don’t do any of these things on the Site:
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Kickstarter or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
3. How projects work
Evolveum provides Wanted, a funding platform for creative projects to enhance midPoint’s functionality. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract.
Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.
Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.
If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:
- they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
- they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
- they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
- The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.
4. How funding works
If you provide your payment information when you pledge, you will be charged. Your payment will be collected at the time of purchasing votes directly to your account. The exact amount you paid is the amount Evolveum’s Wanted will collect. If the campaign hasn’t reached its fundraising goal, funds can be after contacting Evolveum sent back to you or you can choose another project to support. In case you are a company and order voices by purchase order, you will get the invoice to pay only in case the campaign has reached its fundraising goal.
You can increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge at any time during the campaign, with one exception. During the last 24 hours of the campaign, you can’t decrease or cancel your pledge without contacting customer support first — if that action would drop the project below its funding goal. Once the project has been funded, you can only cancel or change your pledge by making special arrangements directly with the creator.
5. Our rights
We reserve these rights:
- We can make changes to the Wanted Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Wanted. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Wanted in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
- Evolveum is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
6. The Rest
These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Evolveum with respect to the Wanted services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Evolveum with respect to the Wanted services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Evolveum to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.